Sunday 2 June 2019

Katy Perry on Being Billboard's 2012 Woman of the Year



Dress and Collar: Vera Wang, Bracelets: Cartier, Rings (Top to Bottom): Cartier and Chris Habana
Along with therapy and TM, Perry is a practitioner of L.A.'s holy trinity of self-care — hiking, yoga and CBD massages. Though, she still hasn't been able to curb the same addiction many of us have: reaching for her phone the first moment she wakes up. "I've had moments where I did it and that was great, but that didn't last," she says. Hidden on the back door of a closet in her office is another means of what could be seen as stress relief: a dartboard depicting an image of the current president. Perry refuses to utter his name out loud. "I have this rule that I just say '45.' Everything is an energy. Words. Deep energy."

"Whereas I used to think things were too scary or not for me, now I've pushed my limits in all of that. I'm really more tolerant and accepting."

The personal growth Perry's undergone as a result of age, therapy, life experience and more also extends to her relationships with others. When it comes to her love life, Perry says she now has more boundaries in her relationships than when she was younger. She's able to vocalize her needs more, and she appreciates the fact that relationships take a lot of work. "It's easy to be single and not to be called out on your stuff, living your awesome single life thinking you're the greatest, and the best, and doing anything you want. But then when you get in a partnership you guys are there to teach each other lessons." Perry is more receptive to learning the lessons in her relationships now than when she "believed in Disney Princesses" in her early twenties. "I'm very pragmatic and logistical and I am less fantastical about things. I mean, I was married when I was 25. I'm 34. It was almost 10 years ago. I was like, 'One person for the rest of my life,' and I'm not so sure that that idea is for me. I'm just such a different person than I was."

No comments:

Post a Comment